Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter

I recall growing up in Portland in the cold country of the Northwest, winter mornings waking up to see snow or black ice on the window. They closed school and we stayed inside, snug and warm out of the cold.

In the more than half of my life here in Israel winters are short and mild, temperatures usually range from warm to blistering heat. So do tempers.

This isn't my first war, most likely not my last.

Here school is cancelled more often because rockets, and not snowflakes, are falling. People stay closer to home, find snug shelter inside hopefully safe from the terror outside.

And even when you're out of range, more often than not someone you love isn't. You slow down and close down, do what you have to and no more. You find a place inside yourself and wait for the storm to pass.

I don't feel like blogging.

No comments:

Sunset over the Sea of Galilee; the day is almost done and the way back home in sight.